Monday, April 8, 2013

My ancestry.

Hello everyone,

Well, it'a a new dawn, it's a new day, it's a new life and I am feeling really great at this time.  I am going to start up a new blog about my family tree, the many branches, and right to the roots.  I guess I should start at the beginning, why I got interested in my roots, where my family roots started as best as I can figure out.  Basically I will give a brief overview of where my roots started out over the Atlantic Ocean.

Why did I get interested in my family ancestors?  It started out as a grade school project.  Either Mike, my son, or Michelle, my daughter came home from school one day and said that they had a project at school to trace back their family tree.  So naturally this was a 'daddy' question and not a 'mommie' question.   I had not problems on my maternal side of the family, my mom's dad and mom.  They had lived with us all of my life and  I grew up with them.  My dad's mom and dad died before I was born so I had to ask my mom their names as my dad had already passed away. So I got the grandparents on both sides of the tree and there it set. It set for about 10 years before I was again involved with it.  I was on my way to Germany and my aunt wanted me to do her a favor and see if I could find some of her people while I was over there.  They were from Alsace Lorraine, which I discovered flip-floped between France and Germany for ownership.  I will cover my research there later on in the story as it develops.

Some of the places I have traced my ancestors to is Jamestown, Virginia, USA,   Germany, England, Norway, Denmark, France.  And there were some highlighted names along the way, Pocahontas here in Virginia, some Barons and Knights in Germany, Dukes and Ladies in England, and even the King and Queen of Denmark.

So, hopefully, I will be able to start my writing journal tomorrow or the next day.

Till then my friends, live large.

No comments:

Post a Comment